One of the most common questions I answer on a daily basis for prospective dude ranch guests is "What's the Colorado weather going to be like in the summer?" And, it's a great question that will help you determine what you should stuff into your suitcase. I did a little hunting for you so that no matter whether you're coming in June or September, you can be a little more prepared. I used www.intellicast.com, and searched for Clark, Colorado:
As a dude rancher, my impressions of the weather are the following:
1. Mountain Weather is hard to predict, even for the pros.
2. Late July and early August tend to be the warmest period.
3. In August we typically have a brief afternoon shower. Very rarely does it disrupt our activities, though.
4. The mornings are cool, but by mid-day you may be in a t-shirt. Then, you'll be back in a light jacket or coat by the time the sun goes down.
5. We have wind occasionally, and that's why we encourage wearing stampede strings (ties) on your hats for extra security while riding.
Hope this helps your preparation for your next Colorado guest ranch vacation! For further information about packing for your horseback riding adventures, visit http://www.elkrivergr.com/blog/how-to-pack-for-horseback-riding-on-your-dude-ranch-vacation.