When you explore every option possible to get to places when you travel, the list is overwhelming. Luckily for your sanity, we have only three options in the summer:
1) Fly to Denver (4 hrs from ranch)
2) Fly to Hayden/Steamboat Springs (1 hr from ranch)
3) Drive (For driving directions, check out our CONTACT page)
Now, you could be thinking that driving is simply out of the question. And in a lot of cases, you'd be right. Not many of our guests drive all the way from their hometown so that leaves number three out of the equation for most.
From each flying destination, whether Steamboat or Denver, you again have two options: 1) rental car or 2) shuttle. Our guests generally prefer to rent a car, but if you opt for a shuttle we can provide a shuttle from Steamboat airport or check out GoAlpine shuttle for a shuttle to the ranch from either Denver or Steamboat airports.
Why we encourage renting a car:
1) You have the opportunity to explore on your drive up to the ranch. Especially if you are coming from Denver, there are all sorts of sights (Red Rocks, Coors Brewery, Rocky Mtn. National Park to name a few)
2) You have the opportunity to explore more around Steamboat (Strawberry Park Hot Springs, Flat Tops Wilderness Area, Fish Creek Falls, Downtown Steamboat, etc.)
3) You have the flexibility to go down to the Clark Store for extra goodies and alcohol
4) You can take a day in Steamboat if your bones are sore from horseback riding. We provide you with tickets to go up the Steamboat Gondola for folks that want that and later in the week we'll all go to the Steamboat Pro Rodeo. But, if you want the chance to shop, explore the Mountain, etc. it's always nice to not be pushed by time by the entire ranch group